Congo Basin Grant Program
The Congo Basin Grant Program (CBGP) has been established to provide competitive research grants of up to $5,000 USD for African graduate students and early career professionals working in the areas of biodiversity, conservation and environmental sustainability in the Congo Basin region.
The Congo Basin Grant Program supports and encourages young African scientists to conduct novel conservation research and management activities that address the critical challenges facing wildlife, biodiversity and ecosystem health in the Congo Basin.
Critically, these small grants can build the foundation for young African researchers to become independent, providing “bridge funding” that allows them to compete in larger international arenas.
Most importantly, small research grants will encourage and provide a means for young Africans to remain engaged in their research and stay in their native countries to practice their trades.
- Resident of one of the following countries: Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic and Uganda.
- 35 years of age or younger
- Enrolled in a graduate program or hold a professional positionCongo Basin Grant Program Requirements
To complete your application you will need:
- Contact Information
- Description of Proposed Project
- Budget (not to exceed $5,000 USD)
- Curriculum Vitae and Two Letters of Reference
For more information and application details, see; Congo Basin Grant Program