VETA TANGA RVTSC
Welcome to the website of Tanga Regional Vocational Training and Services Centre (TANGA RVTSC). This is one of the Regional Vocational Training and Services Centre (RVTSC’s) designated under the Vocational Educational and Training Authority (VETA) by the Act of Parliament No. 1 of 1994. We offer 14 long courses taking two or three/years duration and over 34 short courses to more than 2,000 students annually. Many of these short courses are tailored to clients needs. The Centre also conducts Entrepreneurship seminars; through these interventions Tanga RVTSC aspires to develop lasting partnership, with private industries, Government and Non-Government organizations. This helps students/trainees to have their field practical training and become an easy way of being employed since students/trainees are capacitated with skills, knowledge and attitudes for them to be more competent.
|1||AUTO ELECTRIC||2 YEARS|
|3||CARPENTRY AND JOINERY||2 YEARS|
|4||ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION||2 YEARS|
|5||MASONRY AND BRICKLAYING||2 YEARS|
|6||MACHINERY FITTER||2 YEARS|
|7||AUTO BODY REPAIR AND SPRAYING||2 YEARS|
|8||MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANICS||2 YEARS|
|9||PAINTING AND SIGNWRITING||2 YEARS|
|10||SECRETARIAL AND COMPUTER||2 YEARS|
|11||DESIGN, SEWING AND CLOTHING TECHNOLOGY – DSCT (TAILORING)||2 YEARS|
|12||METAL WELDING AND FABRICATION||2 YEARS|
|13||PLUMBING AND PIPE FITTING||2 YEARS|
|14||FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICES AND SALES||2 YEARS|
- The application fee is Tshs. 5, 000/=
- The training fee is Tshs. 120, 000/= for boarding trainees (subject to review).
- The training fee is Tshs. 60, 000/= for day trainees (subject to review).
- Our centre provides food and accommodation to trainees who live out of Tanga City.
|TYPE OF COURSE||FEE||DURATION|
|1||FOOD PRODUCTION||292,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|2||BASIC HOTEL AND HOUSE KEEPING||301,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|3||BASIC BAKERY AND PASTRY PRODUCTION||401,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|4||BASIC FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE AND SALES||312,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|6||HAIR DRESSING||289,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|7||COMMERCIAL SUBJECT||392,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|8||RECORD MANAGEMENT AND FILLING||282,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|9||FULL SECRETERIAL AND COMPUTER||342,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|11||DESIGN, SEWING AND CLOTHING TECHNOLOGY (DSCT)||282,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|12||AUTO ELECTIC||402,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|13||WELDING AND FABRICATION||352,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|14||ELECTRIC INSTALLATION||402,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|15||AUTO BODY REPAIR||432,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|16||MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANICS||402,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|17||MANSORY AND BRICKLAYING||342,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|18||CAPENTRY AND JOINERY||332,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|19||PLUMBING (UFUNDI BOMBA)||352,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|20||MACHINERY FITTER||402,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|21||COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||350,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|22||COMPUTER MAINTENANCE||396,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|24||DRIVING PSV C||185,000/=||2WEEKS|
|25||DRIVING PSV C1||165,000/=||2 WEEKS|
|26||DRIVING PSV C2||145,000/=||2WEEKS|
|27||DRIVING PSV C3||125,000/=||2WEEKS|
|28||PAINTING & SIGN WRITING (UFUNDI RANGI)||332,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|29||FRENCH STAGE ONE (KIFARANSA)||227,000/=||6 MONTHS|
|34||ENGLISH COURSE: Beginners: Basic Grammar, Eight parts of speech and their uses.||65,000/=||2 MONTHS|
|Intermediate: sentences and Tenses||95,000/=||3 MONTHS|
|Advanced Grammar: Oral communication ,written communication||120,000/=||3 MONTHS|
THE FEES SHOULD BE PAID TO THE ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0150007628893 ACCOUNT NAME IS PRINCIPALRVTSC, CRDB BANK
TELEPHONE NUMBER: +255272644617
NB: GET CONSULTATION BEFORE YOU PAY
There are three types of Examinations which are conducted by VETA. These are CBET and NABE . The following are descriptions of each examination:-
- Competence Based Education and Training (CBET)
- A person who wishes to register for National Competence Based Educational and Training Examination level one must have completed at least one year of approved training and work experience, and is competent in one or more modules. Or Possesses at least two years of relevant work experience and competent in the required number of modules.
- A person who wishes to register for National Competence Based Education Examinations level two, must be a holder of National Competence Based Education and Training Certificate level I and has completed the required number of modules equivalent to one year of institutional training in the recognized institution in a relevant occupation, Or be a holder of National Competence Based Education and Training Certificate level I and possesses as a minimum three years work experience and has completed the required number of modules equivalent to two years of institutional training.
- A person who wishes to register for National Competence Based Education and Training Certificate level three must be a holder of National Competence Based Education and Training Certificate level II and has completed the required number of modules, Or be a holder of National Competence Based Education and Training Certificate, completed at least one year of approved training, work experience and competent in the required number of modules.
Examination fees are as follows:
– Level I Tshs. 10,000/=
– Level II Tshs. 15,000/=
– Level III Tshs. 20,000/=
Examination Application form for each Level is obtained for Tshs. 1,000/=.
- National Business Examinations ( NABE)
- A person who wishes to register for National Business Examinations (NABE) stage one must be a holder of Basic Commercial/Secretarial Training Certificate from a recognized institution. Or has commercial/secretarial knowledge with at least 2 years working experience.
- A person who wishes to register for National Business Examination (NABE) Stage I must have registered him/her self for not more than 5 subjects in the entire field.
- A person who wishes to register for Business Examinations (NABE) stage II must be a holder of National Business Examinations Certificate with at least one pass subject in stage I.
- A person who wishes to register for National Business Examinations Stage III must be a holder of National Business Examinations Certificate with at least one pass subject in stage II.
Referee National Business Examination application form must be counter signed on the space provided for the purpose of a referee who should be a Principal/Tutor of a registered institution to certify that a candidate is well known to him/her that, a candidate is well prepared for the subjects she/he wishes to be examined.
The referee shall be held responsible for the identity of the candidate, should the need arise.
Dates of Registration
Examinations are administered twice a year in May and November each year. Prospective candidates should obtain examination application forms from VETA Regional Directors, Centre Principals at RVTSC’S and VTC’s.
Application form and Examination fee is Tshs. 25,000/= (All stages)
All fees, once paid are not refundable or transferable. The fees are liable to change without prior notificatio
VETA HEAD OFFICE
P. O. BOX 2849,
DAR ES SALAAM
Telephone: +255 22 2863683
Fax: +255 22 2863408
Moshi Municipal Area,
Sido Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 1738,
Gofu Juu Tanga Municipal Area
P.O. Box 1204
Tell: +25527 26 44 272
Fax: +25527 26 44 272